[ANSTHRLD] A little more help if you please...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 21 07:55:49 PDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Darin Herndon <darin.herndon at chk.com> wrote:
> If the winged wheel within the annulet is not a primary charge group
> and the annulet is a secondary...  Then what are the mullets on the
> periphery?  They are on the field are they not?  So, they are not
> tertiaries.  Is this an attempt at two secondaries?  Is that valid?

Yup, it's OK.

(For those playing at home and needing definitions, see the CoA
Glossary of Terms at <http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/coagloss.html>)

By definition, there can be only no primary charge group, or one
primary charge group.  I have a dim memory of a recentish precedent on
overall charges comma too many different ones.  There may be
restrictions on tertiaries, but I'm not sure either.  But several
groups of secondary charges, no prob.

"Argent, a chevron gules, in base a lozenge azure, a canton vert, a
chief sable" is fine (and rather attractive, if I do say so myself).
It has three groups of secondaries (each with one charge each).  I
think you could cram a bordure in there too, and a base.

Danyll "'Azure, a chevron argent charged with three escallops gules,
between three lozenges Or each charged with a mullet azure, on a chief
Or a fleur-de-lys vert between two lions sable' might be a touch too
agressively Tudor" de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com