[ANSTHRLD] FW: heraldic submission

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:46:19 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Tom Johnson <tdj_ent at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to send an attachment of the device.
>
> I am unsure of the blazon and if it is too complicated.

Or, Azure, sable, gules, argent is five tinctures.

Bend sinister, crescents, castle, cross, and a fret. . .

That's more than eight.  I'd be curious to see the emblazon, but you
might want to suggest the submitter simplify it.  Considerably.
There's no reason for that many tinctures, for one thing.

Ioannes

>  I think the blazon might be Or, Azure with a sable bend sinster with three cresents or, in chief dexter a castle with pinnons, gules with a cross in the portcullis(?) sable, fretyargent in sinster base.

> three crescents or charged on a bend sinister sable parting or and azure in chief dexter a castle gules portcullised and towered with pennons opposed a patriarchal cross sable charged within the portcullis in sinister base a fret argent

--Vita Aureliani