[ANSTHRLD] Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium - Event Update

Suzanne Booth SuzanneBooth at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 13:00:08 PDT 2009

Greetings!

This year's Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium is shaping up to be a
wonderful event.

We have a full slate of classes - 4 Heraldic tracks and 2 Scribal tracks -
on a wide range of heraldic and scribal topics.  Our keynote speaker, Master
Da'ud ibn Auda, will also be teaching a class on "The Westford Knight: Scots
Explorers in America".  There's even a rumor that "Da'ud Bob ibn Briggs" and
his movie reviews will show up at one of the evening receptions.

The receptions Friday and Saturday night mean that you'll get to socialize
with folks from all over the world.  Saturday night's dessert revel is being
hosted by "The Taste of Calontir" - a group of Calontirii cooks rapidly
gaining renown for exposing folks to the many tasty foods available in the
medieval and renaissance time periods.

The last day to reserve a hotel room at a discounted price for the Known
World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium is tomorrow.  After tomorrow, any
reservations made will be at standard rates.

To make a reservation at Omaha's Courtyard by Marriott hotel, just go to the
event website and click on the hotel icons:
http://www.kwhss2009.com/site.php

We do have some crash space available.  If you need crash space, please
contact me.

Check out the event website at www.kwhss2009.com.  (The class schedule is
online now too!)

Please feel free to cross-post this message to any other lists.
 Suzanne
--
THL Suzanne de la Ferté
Event Steward, KWHSS 2009