[ANSTHRLD] "Book of the Herald" wiki (was: Changes to Heraldic Education??)

Druinne de Salesberie druinne at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:40:44 PDT 2009

Robert makes good points; however,  we do not need a wiki that repeats
the admin handbook.  It changes.  Who would be the person to make sure
that the wiki is current with those changes?

The Book, in my mind, was more for covering what the admin handbook
did not:  how to deal with clients who insist that they want the same
spelling that their great great aunt in Italy's grandmother used for
their SCA name, rather than the five spellings in the sca.org name
article, just because that was the family way of doing things, or the
one that really wanted to use their tribal dragon tatoo for a device.
(And those of you who have worked at consultation tables all know that
this is sadly too true).

Plus, it would cover the basics of heraldry, almost like a simpler
version of the Heraldic Primer and of course, reference that wonderful
site.

And lastly, it would read like a simple tech manual, complete with
consistent language and format so that new heralds would be able to
find things it in fast.

Druinne