[ANSTHRLD] question about baronial service order award charters

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Aug 23 00:43:54 PDT 2009

It has been suggested in private e-mail that I am trying to imply that
(paraphrasing) Magister Robin is a liar, fool, or madman.

I am deeply sorry that my words might be read that way.  It was
certainly not my intent so to imply.  (If for no other reason that I
do not care to learn what it feels like for a rapier to pass through
my body.  I fear it might tickle.)

I misremembered the people and times that he reported for the
decisions, thinking the precedent had been set earlier, and I should
have re-checked Robin's original note.  (Though I still think it odd
that the people involved U-turned so quickly.)

Though, coming to think on it, I must own that Magister Robin *is* a
liar, fool, and madman: respectively, he has praised me, he has played
the fool (in season), and he is as mad as Reepicheep.

Bowing respectfully in the direction of the Steppes,
     Daniel de Lincoln

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com