[ANSTHRLD] Grillage

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 01:52:30 PST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 1:37 AM,  <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
a whole lot of stuff including amusing use of profanity, but the
important bit for this post is this:

> I can't assure the client of 100% acceptability, but given
> - a certain period reference
> - possible period use
> - it could be blazoned as "fretty bendwise"
> - it's not an SCA invention
> I consider it pretty likely to be passable.

There is an excellent case for RfS VIII.6.a. in that it seems to have
been considered heraldic in period (do you guys know how much we
accept as 'period' style in the SCA has no record of use before the
20th century, or even outside of the SCA in some cases?), and has been
registered once in the SCA.  I think at worst it'll get a specific
ruling about being a SFPP, and registered.

A cross may be multiparted and fretted.  Add to Daniel's 'can be
blazoned as' that 'X pallets fretted with X bars' is another valid
blazon, based on the real-world reference and the reality of parted
and fretted crosses.

- Teceangl Ounce
--
Head returns off at the pass -