[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Heirs

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Wed Feb 4 13:28:34 PST 2009

From: Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

>  You can't inherit a larger count, but did you know that the limits
>  were raised from 4 to 6 a little while ago?  (That is, six names + six
>  pieces of armory for everything but an SCA branch that has a
>  ceremonial head.)  Does that help?

Actually, to pick a nit.  It is for any SCA branch, not just the ones with a ceremonial head. (Though I would argue that even under the old rules Provinces had no limit and have no ceremonial head unless it was on a pike. But I do not have a copy of the old wording to verify handy.)

>From the new Admin Handbook I.Z:

"Society branches, including kingdoms, principalities, and local branches, are subject to no limit on the number of items they may register. However, submissions should be limited to meet current or identified need; excessive submissions with no clearly identified purposes may be returned."

Alasdair