[ANSTHRLD] Fur or Color with a semy?

lariandrobert at fuse.net lariandrobert at fuse.net
Mon Jan 19 12:30:35 PST 2009

---- Sara L Uckelman <liana at ellipsis.cx> wrote:
> Quoth Tim McDaniel:
> > On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, lariandrobert at fuse.net wrote:
> > Eh?!?  What's wrong with red lozenges?
>
> My bet is that someone is confusing red lozenges with red
> mascles.
SNIP
> -Aryanhwy
Not really. I remembered that mascles (hollow diamonds) were already protected because of their use by Magen David Adom. I was asking about a possible future restriction on lozenges (filled diamonds).
I _thought_ I remembered some discussion that referenced an expressed desire by the ICRC to move toward a gules lozenge as its over-arching, culturally neutral symbol. I may have hallucinated that conversation. I could have included these remarks in my earlier question, but it would be so much easier if the rest of you would just share my hallucinations. They're really very pleasant.
Malcolm