[ANSTHRLD] a couple questions

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 18:28:07 PDT 2009

Responding to two different strands of the same thread...

The Shire of the Shadowlands, for one, acknowledges no overlords but Their Majesties and Royal Highnesses Ansteorra. If a landed baron ever styled himself "Lord of the Shadowlands" it WOULD cause a war...

The Crown also takes into account the wishes of the group in question when dispatching nobles to hold court. In the ~20 years I've been playing, I can remember landed nobles coming to a Shadowlands event to hold court exactly once (Baron David and Baroness Crystal of Raven's Fort, about 10 - 11 years ago). Most of the rest, if not held by the Crown, were held by court b&b's Don Tivar and Mistress Aethylian(sorry about the spelling) Moondragon, who have ancient ties to the Shadowlands, and have sometimes been refered to as "Shadowlands West". Now we have local court b&b's Sir Rhodri and Mistress Kaitlyn, but if they were to move, I suspect we would go back to Tivar and Aethylian as long as they are willing.

Paedric