[ANSTHRLD] Device submission conflict help

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 19:58:56 PDT 2009

Responded to privately.

--- On Sun, 7/26/09, Richard Culver <rbculver at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: Richard Culver <rbculver at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Device submission conflict help
To: "'Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.'" <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Sunday, July 26, 2009, 9:03 PM

[Note:  If this is not the place for it, please let me know.  I do not want to waste bandwidth.]

I have been working with Giovanni in Steppes, but though as we both are still learning the conflict checking, I thought I would throw it out here and see if I can beat any rejection time by getting it submitted right the first time.

Here is a rather crude Paint.net version where I essentially found a checky field and just colored in boxes to get the general idea.  Yes the stag's attire is ugly....

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/rbculver/?action=view¤t=scaarms1.gif

I believe this would go: Quarterly checky azure and argent, and gules, a stag's attire affront erased (the erased part might be hard to make out with the rudimentary form).  Not sure if an "overall" is necessary for the attire.

With my cursory search (or was I cursing while searching), The following were the two closest to mine I could find:

Quarterly gules and checky sable and argent, a bear's head erased Or.

Quarterly gules and checky argent and sable, a card pique Or.

Guess while I am at it, I should throw in the one for my wife.:

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/rbculver/?action=view¤t=jenniferdevicedesign.gif

Purpure, a pall inverted sable fimbriated between (or among?) three fountains.

The nearest to this I found was:

Morna Douglass Montgumery of Renfrewshire
Purpure, a pall sable fimbriated between a fleur-de-lys and two thistles argent.

If I understand the process right, there is a CD for inverting the pall and at least another it being three fountains instead of the fleur-de-lys and thistles.

Any help is appreciated.

I have all the docs for my name so that shouldn't be an issue.

Godspede!

Wihtric hlafard Wihtmunding