[ANSTHRLD] A question on behalf of a client

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 17 12:07:15 PDT 2009

Does anyone have a copy of Adobe Acrobat, full edition?  There are
typos on the Achievement Registration Form that could be fixed.
(Googling for 'pdf edit linux' shows some candidates; maybe I can
take a swipe at it.)

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, kevinkeary at aol.com wrote:
> As far as the rules for what one may register in an achievement go,
> does a court barony qualify one as a Grant or as a Noble?

The Achievement Registration Form at
<http://herald.ansteorra.org/achievements/Achievementform061002.pdf>
lists "Barony" under "Nobility".

The page that points to it,
<http://herald.ansteorra.org/achievements.php>, also lists "former
landed barony" under "Nobility".  (The achievement form above, as with
this page, restricts one form of coronet to former landed barons,
impliying that the other forms are open to all.)

> But I have understood that losing a qualification to register
> something does not cause that registration to become invalid, IF you
> have already registered it.

True, but ...

> Can a LANDED baron do so

Not as a landed baron.  Landed ranks (by which I mean the titles of
king and queen, prince and princess (whether heirs or landed), landed
baron and landed baroness) don't get to register things based on their
landed, more-or-less temporary, ranks.

Daniel Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com