[ANSTHRLD] a couple questions

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 09:09:29 PDT 2009

Then I assume a canton's (or march's or riding's) membership numbers DO
count toward a barony's, just as they would a principality's and do a
kingdom's? Chemin Noir's, for instance, DO count toward Northkeep's
totals, and will until and unless it becomes a fully-independent
branch, presumably a shire to start with?

I'm not arguing, I just want clarification. This question came up at
our last officer's meeting, and the consensus was under the impression
that they were counted separately. This sounds like they should count
for themselves AND for the barony.

A barony could, in theory, be completely made up of several cantons,
just like a kingdom could be completely made up of several
principalities, and have the totals of ALL its cantons counted as its
OWN membership tally to continue to qualify as a barony.

In that case, I would withdraw my earlier opinion and say the styling
IS redundant, as Daniel denotes.