[ANSTHRLD] Agincourt soldier history online database

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jul 22 19:38:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A few websites to check out from a new online database created for
> the Agincourt war records:
> (collected from several posts off the Ansteorran lists)
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8160081.stm
> http://www.icmacentre.ac.uk/soldier/database/
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1201096/Did-ancestors-fight-Agincourt-War-records-250-000-medieval-soldiers-online.html
>
> Wonder if the SCA could use this database as source material for
> names study and SCA name registry?

I thought I'd posted on the Ansteorran list about these.

One of their pages claims that they normalized the names -- that is,
standardized on modern spellings.  Another says that they normalized
only the given names, leaving surnames alone.  Someone who did a
little searching suggested that the surnames were indeed left intact.
I'm still a little suspicious.

Dankyn de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com