[ANSTHRLD] a couple questions

John Atkinson johnmatkinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:40:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Alasdair MacEogan<alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> John Atkinson <johnmatkinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Ditto for strongholds, ports, and colleges.  This is Kingdom law, not
>>  corpora.  Corpora does require baronies for cantons.
>
> Section III.C or Corpora.  "Branch Designations"  says "Canton: local branch reporting through a barony"

Right.  I'm agreeing.

> Strongholds, ports and Colleges have no such restriction in Corpora.

What I said.

>Nor do I see anywhere in Kingdom Law that says they need to be "formed under the protection of a barony" as cantons are.  I would be interested in knowing where you saw that for my own clarification and edification.

VIII.5.A
The Crown may recognize an institutional branch, usually centered around a
university or military base and formed under the protection of a barony or
province, whose membership may fluctuate.

Which I only noticed since I'm involved with a group of folks who are
trying to form a stronghold.  Under the protection of Bryn Gwlad.

Ioannes
Not-the-Herald, Company-not-a-Stronghold-yet of Hellsgate
--Vita Aureliani