[ANSTHRLD] Pull the Files - Coronet Arms

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jul 23 18:27:02 PDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Star Principal Herald <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:
> Then in May 1980:
>
>     Kingdom of Ansteorra. Or , a mullet of five greater and five
>     lesser points sable within a laurel wreath vert, in chief a
>     crown dancetty, all within a tressure sable, overall issuant
>     from base a demi sun gules.
>
>     Queen of Ansteorra. Or, a mullet of five greater and five lesser
>     points sable within a wreath of six roses sable, barbed, slipped
>     and leaved vert, each rose charged with another Or, seeded
>     sable, barbed vert, in chief a crown dancetty, all within a
>     tressure sable, overall issuant from base a demi sun gules.

And that's it in the LoARs.

In modern LoARs, if the submitter is changing their device/arms,
there's an explicit line of text saying whether the old device is
being released or retained as a badge [1].

I haven't read period LoARs (snrk) to know whether there was implicit
release, or implicit retention, or whether that was an erroneous
omission then too.

I've asked Shauna Ragged Staff to go thru the paper at Laurel to see
if there's anything pertinent.

Daniel de Lindocolina

[1] Or retained as ancient arms, but this option is available only to
branches, needed only by branches, and only started in the last few
years.

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com