[ANSTHRLD] royal badges?

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:30:57 PDT 2009

However, RfS XI.1. under "Reserved Charges" leads to the Glossary which
shows Table 1-Reserved Charges (
http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/coagloss.html#reserved) which includes
Crowns and Coronets as reserved charges.  It holds that Crowns and Coronets
may only be used for "Kingdom/Principality armory; Personal armory of
Society Royal Peers and Court Barons/Baronesses."
This leads me to believe that the Crowns must be removed from the devices of
the P&P in order to comply with Laurel and would also explain why
the orginal submissions for the devoces for the P&P did not include Crowns.
So it seems that the Prince could use the Kingdom arms, minus the Crown and
with the addition of the label and the Princess could do likewise, using the
Queen's arms.  Or we could just use what was registered.

Brian