[ANSTHRLD] royal badges?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 24 06:29:02 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:45 AM, <kevinkeary at aol.com> wrote:
> I wa trying to get answers for my client yesterday, and she kept
> talking about the 'symbols' designating their majesties and their
> highnesses in the Black Star, which I didn't have in front of me. I
> checked the O&A, and found nothing registered other than the Arms we
> discussed yesterday. I even said at one point there were no badges,
> and no one on this list corrected me.
>
> I went home and looked. Sure enough, there are 'badges' there
> Even if these are not legal badges, their use in the Black Star I
> think makes them recognizeable to the majority of the populace as
> symbols

Of the two of us, a total of 0% of us knew about them without having
to be told where to look.  That does not look like supporting evidence
on the "recognizeable to the majority of the populace" front.

We have more than enough invented unregistered designs.  Please
suggest that she use the undifferenced arms of the kingdom for the
king and queen in her project, and those arms with a label gules for
the prince and princess.

Daniel Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com