[ANSTHRLD] Pull the Files - Coronet Arms

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jul 24 13:15:48 PDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> One of the problems with using bureaucratic language "change the
> designation" is that it describes a process, not an effect.  This
> statement is the same as saying, "We could take the Queen's arms
> away from her and give them to the consort."

No, it isn't, because they are not arms owned by the queen.  It's arms
owned by "Ansteorra, Kingdom of", with a comment indicating that it's
for use by the queen, and the traditional designation of "arms" rather
than "device" or "badge".  Or at best it's a moot point or an argument
about whether the word "own" makes sense with respect to something you
can't control: the queen's arms can be changed only in exactly the
same way as the kingdom arms.