[ANSTHRLD] shire devices

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 11:54:45 PDT 2009

In order of preference:

(1) Check the copy of the Device in the Shire's Heraldry files.  That's what was submitted, so that's what is correct.

(2) Check the copy of the Device in the Ansteorra ILoI it was published in for submission if available.  [The Device was registered September 1988, so the ILoI is not available online].  That's probably correct, assuming the submission wasn't reversed when published (I had a badge printed upside down once, for example).

(3) Check the copy of the Device in the Ansteorra LoI.  A few Heralds have access to the files, HL Emma would be most likely to help.  Again, that's most likely correct.

(4) Assume the registered blazon "Vert, an eagle displayed, wings inverted, ... "  is correct.  That blazon implies the default head posture -- the head facing to your left as you look at it

Tostig