[ANSTHRLD] shire devices

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 12 13:39:01 PDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In order of preference:
>
> (1) Check the copy of the Device in the Shire's Heraldry files.
> (2) Check the copy of the Device in the Ansteorra ILoI
> (3) Check the copy of the Device in the Ansteorra LoI.
> (4) Assume the registered blazon ... is correct.

One action takes precedence.

(0) Ask Shauna of Carrick Point, Ragged Staff Herald, keeper of the
Laurel office files.  Unlike any of the above, the copy in the Laurel
files *IS* the official registration accept no substitutes post no
bulls^W bills.  Then you don't have to do any of (1) thru (4).

shauna at bresnan.net

I have put the Laurel office's copy of the device form (redacted) at
http://www.panix.com/~tmcd/adlersruhe.jpg
The eagle's head is indeed facing dexter (viewer's left).

She didn't even have to scan it -- she scanned the SCA branch files
for A-B before her illness.  She usually gives very fast turnaround
time and she's always overjoyed to help.

Daniel Lincolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com