[ANSTHRLD] Court heraldry question.

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sun Jun 28 22:52:19 PDT 2009

The order I learned first, and which I have heard since described as
'Ancient Ansteorran' was:
King
Queen
Prince
Princess
Baron
Baroness
Canton
Barony
Kingdom
Essentially descending people, ascending branch. We even reversed King and
Queen when Rowan was Sovereign and Hector was Consort. I've heard someone
(I  want to say it was Robin, but I'm not sure) making a point of using this
order  recently.

I understand the preferred order these days is ascending people followed by
 ascending groups:
Baron
Baroness
Prince
Princess
King
Queen
Canton
Barony
Kingdom.

And yours was the message that topped off my mailbox until I got home, so I
 don't know what anyone else has said in the mean time. At worst, I'm
exposing my  ignorance again, and I'm used to that.
Kevin

In a message dated 6/28/2009 9:44:26 P.M. Central Daylight Time,