[ANSTHRLD] layers and ermine spots

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 05:43:18 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Coblaith Muimnech<Coblaith at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> My impression is that we treat ermined fields as though they are "flat" in
> some respects and as though the spots are semys of charges in others.

They're flat.  Single tinctures, the same as azure or Or or vair.

X.4.a.ii.(b) "The ermine furs and their variants are considered to be
different tinctures, so Per bend ermine and azure is completely
different fromPer bend erminois and gules and from Per bend argent
ermined gules and sable. The addition of a field treatment is also a
change of tincture, so Per fess argent and gules is completely
different from Per fess argent masoned gules and sable."

There is no other definition of ermined tinctures.

- Teceangl
--
Head returns off at the pass -
http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/boing.html