[ANSTHRLD] semy furs

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jun 10 08:14:35 PDT 2009

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Teceangl <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> b) NOT find semy of something sable on an ermine field in period armory.
>
> Haven't found one yet, but did find a bordure gules semy of
> alternating crosses formy and trefoils slipped Or:
> http://mdz10.bib-bvb.de/~db/bsb00001647/images/index.html?id=00001647&fip=97.120.4.242&no=36&seite=72
>
> The more I look at late-period armory, the less I retain
> preconceptions about _anything_ pertaining to style.
> And want to barbecue Thomas Wriothesley but that's another matter
> entirely.

If you swapped a random coat on that page with a random coat on the
most recent ILoI I saw, the ILoI would have been improved
significantly.

I *like* "an X between two Ys".  The two "per pale T and U" I could do
without.  He wasn't afraid to use vair, ermine, or goutty (and the
last two appear on the same coat on that page).

Dankyn de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com