[ANSTHRLD] Help with conflict check

Sara L Uckelman liana at ellipsis.cx
Fri Mar 20 11:58:44 PDT 2009

Quoth Mike Wyvill:
> Vert, a triskele or.
>
> I looked in the ordinaries and didn't see anything that would seem to conflic
> t. A number of devises that have a number of additional charges or that used
> the triskele as a secondary charge.

The 09/1995 LoAR notes the returns of "[Fieldless] A triskele Or",
"Per pale azure and vert, a triskele Or," "Barry wavy vert and argent,
a triskele Or," and "Barry wavy argent and azure, a triskele Or," all
returned for conflict with Goraidh Ailean na Gordonaich, "Purpure, a
triskelion pometty pallwise Or," with just one CD for the field.  I
haven't found any later precedents indicating that there would be a
CD between a triskele and a triskelion pometty pallwise, so I would
expect that any design with just a single triskele would continue to
conflict with Goraidh.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est