[ANSTHRLD] Chronological list of groups

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Fri Nov 6 09:59:28 PST 2009

Daniel replied to Donnchadh:

Do> I would guess that the prov[i]nce comes after the baronies

Da>Why?  Corpora III.C <http://sca.org/docs/pdf/govdocs.pdf> says... <snip>.

Meanwhile, back in Ansteorra, kingdom law can and does add more restrictions.  Allowing a province at all is fairly new in Ansteorra, and they've been given restrictions that don't apply to baronies, per kingdom law Article VIII, Section 7.  Precedence is not mentioned, but the tenor of the law is such that I would put all baronies before all provinces.  Two clear facts justify this:
A. Nobles rank above non-nobles, and a barony is ruled by a noble.
B. Baronies have armigerous Orders that outrank Comets, given to province and shire members.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin