[ANSTHRLD] Chronological list of groups

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 19:13:09 PST 2009

--- On Fri, 11/6/09, kevinkeary at aol.com <kevinkeary at aol.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Rumor hath it that the BoD on High hath
> decided to discourage the status of Province, possibly
> ending it in the foreseeable future.
<snip>
> There's also a rumor that the BoD has decided that a score
> to two dozen kingdoms is enough to too much of a good thing,
> and that other than for reasons of mundane law and national
> boundaries, no new kingdoms are going to be created, at
> least after the current incipients are taken care of.

As luck would have it, I live with a BoD member, so I just asked him. He says that neither of these topics - discouraging Provinces and ceasing creation of new kingdoms - has been discussed at all during his tenure on the Board (almost two years), so you can feel free to disregard those rumors.

Fortunately, you don't have to live with a BoD member to ask them questions like this. Every kingdom has a representative on the BoD - our ombudsman - who can provide us with clarifications on rumors we hear, proposals that are up for commentary from the SCA's membership, or recent rulings. Contact information for all the Board members - email AND phone - are on the SCA website and in every issue of the Black Star. Ansteorra's ombudsman is Mitch Steck (Master Ljotr Einarsson, from An Tir).

Modius is always happy to answer Board-related questions, too. :)

Sara
Zodiacus