[ANSTHRLD] Kingdom Law and Groups (was Re: Chronological list of groups)

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 08:51:16 PST 2009

Lady Star's original question was whether or not a Branch OP should be placed into Kingdom Law.  My advice would be not to, noting that my opinion is based on the premise of what I think Law should be (the minimal number of edicts necessay to address past and current governing issues) and the belief that a Branch OP does not currently rise to that level

A precedent was established at this most recent Coronation and witnessed by the Star Principal Herald and Kingdom Seneschal.  Baronies and Provinces marched ahead of other Ansteorra Branches.  Cantons marched independently from their parent Baronies.  Both groupings marched in order of their creation.  Since Moonschadowe was elevated to Provincial Status after the Ansteorran Baronnial elevation, the Barony/Province issue did not arise.  Those who operate on the premise that Law should be pro-active, or that the newly established Kingdom Tradition does not rise to the level of adddressing it, would advise otherwise.

If either the current or future Crowns of Ansteorra wish it, I think William's blend of the Ansteorra OP and Kingdom requirements for Branches is a good basis for the Star Princpal Heralds advice.  That framewok matches current Precedent yet allows room for potential issues to be resolved in a variety of ways --  the flexibility based on analagous interpretations of how (1) Grant/AoA level awards are tiered and (2) how in Kingdom/ out of Kingdom awards are recognized as being equivalent in Precedence but unequal in the Order of March.

Tostig