[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Investiture

Druinne de Salesberie druinne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:54:27 PDT 2009

And it was over four years ago, so it may have all blown over by now.

I am all for more pomp and circumstance.  I think that we
underestimate the importance of "ritual" and I say that in the least
religious way possible.  We used to have very specific rights of
passage that we no longer have across the culture in the way that we
used to.  If they exist they are not as out there as they once were.
The use of ritual action, like going to graduation ceremonies when you
get that MA, is a great way to mark a passage in life.

Druinne

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Marie de Blois <erminespot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Druinne de Salesberie
> <druinne at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Etienne is correct.  We had planned on pretty much the same thing that
>> he had. It was indeed nixed on the spot since the BOD had been
>> discussing this issue.  Oh well.
>
> For what it's worth, this sounds very much like the ceremony used for
> the last PH investiture in the Outlands.  Not sure if we're all about
> period ceremonies or less worried about religious perceptions, or
> what, but nobody seemed to have a problem with it.
>

> Marie
> the outlandish lurker

Druinne
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as
little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)