[ANSTHRLD] Anton de LaTour name & device

Joe McGrew oscagne at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:53:45 PDT 2009

> From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Alasdair=20MacEogan?=" <alasdair at bmhanson.net>
> Basically as you say, it is boiling down to if it is artistic detail or not.
*snip*
> As to if I think it is artistic detail or not, I am not sure.  It is really hard to make a determination from the image provided.  Frankly I have looked several times and still can't even see the vine you are referring to on the image. It gets lost in the shading on the tower.  Before I gave an opinion I would want to see the actual emblazon that was to be submitted.  If it were borderline I would likely advocate sending it to Laurel for a final decision.

I thought I saw a vine on the right-hand side of the tower...
submitter has corrected me and sent a new version of the device which
shows a very prominent vine, including grapes, that surround the
bottom three "sides" of the tower.  This grapevine is very prominent
and would need to be included in the blazon - which would violate the
complexity rule.  We will have to do some more work on it and I will
get back to y'all.

Thanks for the help,
Gregor