[ANSTHRLD] Any problems with public commentary?

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:41:47 PDT 2009

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> > There have also been enough instances where there have been issues
> > with the submission that we have been able to work through with the
> > submitter being aware of of the commentary. We may have gotten
> > redraws before the decision meeting or the submitter may have been
> > able to voice a preference to a particular name change, etc if there
> > are options.
>
> I'd like more details from people who have seen cases. Is it because
> (1) Asterisk sees how the commentary is trending on an issue and
> contacts the submitter?
> (2) A commenter sees the issue &c?
> (3) A herald who is not a commenter sees the issue &c?
> (4) The submitter themself is following the commentary on their own item
> and offers a fix or comment without prompting?
> I'm asking because I've heard cases of whoever was running the
> decision meeting saying "I'll contact the submitter to see whether
> she'll allow that change" or whatever. That is, I've seen (1) above,
> but not heard of (2..4).
>
> Dankyn de Linccolne

Good Scholar Dankyn, I have seen some variation of all four instances you have suggested over the last thirty years.

Most recently, most common have been numbers 1,3, and 4b (submitter is in regular contact with a herald who is directly following progress of the item[s] in question - said herald may or may not be a regular commentator).  The most common variation upon #2 in my memory is where the submitter is also at leas an occasional commentary contributor or otherwise has experience as a herald/heraldic scribe.

 Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen