[ANSTHRLD] 15th-century barrel helm

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Mon Apr 19 17:40:59 PDT 2010

Diane Rudin <serena1570 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  So, we called something that turns out to be a 14th century barrel helm a 15th century barrel helm.
>  I'd recommend looking it up under "Helms" in Friar's Dictionary of Heraldry, but I expect that Robin and
>  I are probably the only heralds on this list who still own and use printed books.

Believe it or not quite a number of us do have actual printed books.  I myself have quite a number of actual professionally printed and bound books including the aforementioned Friar's Dictionary, Brook-Little and Fox-Davies. I also have a number of the mentioned photocopies of books no longer available.  I would also say it is very unlikely i am alone in this, so no Robin and yourself are not the only heralds on the list who still own and use printed books.

Coblaith, if you would like I will lookin my books ad see if I can pull example images from the sources mentioned and send them to you.

Cheers,
Alasdair