[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 12:30:28 PDT 2010

First, let us fix the Blazon -

Per fess gules and sable, a cockatrice Or. (Statant is the default posture
for a Cockatrice. (Wings Addorsed))

This device is considered simple armory and should be able to clear
conflicts under X2.
Thus we'll only need to consider conflicts versus other dragons.

Possible conflcts are:

   - Mooneschadowe, Shire
of<http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_name.cgi?p=Mooneschadowe%2c%20Shire%20of>
      - The following badge associated with this name was registered in July
      of 1991 (via
Ansteorra)<http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_date.cgi?y1=1991&m1=July&y2=1991&m2=July&kX=checked>
      :
      (Fieldless <http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=fieldless>) A
lion<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=lion>-dragon
      statant contourny
<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=contourny>
Or<http://oanda.sca.org/glossary.cgi?p=Or>
      .

           1 CD for fieldless vs Per fess gules/sable.
           I suspect that Laurel would hold a lion-dragon in conflict with a
Cockatrice,
           and if that is the case, the question becomes whether contourny
is enough to clear the conflict.

       I was able to find the following precedent from Jaelle's tenure as
Laurel:

**

[a *dragon* vs a *cockatrice*] We do not normally give a difference for
changing the head only of a beast or monster. However, since they were
considered different monsters in period, and since the head is not obscured
in any way, we are willing to grant it the necessary CD to make it clear of
these possible conflicts. (Wolfger von Lausfenburg, 11/97 p. 10)

So - unless Laurel chooses to overturn that precedent, the device should be
clear.

Hopefully someone will come along behind me and check my work?

Yours,

Jayme