[ANSTHRLD] Tree Hugger (Conflict Check)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Aug 5 13:33:12 PDT 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, doug bell <magnus77840 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jayme / jpercer at gmail.com wrot:
>> Argent, a tree proper within a bordure nebuly sable
>
> A tree proper has brown trunk, green leaves.
> Most of the charge is vert.

I think that at least one Laurel precedent says that there are period
representations with one leaf per branch, so I think I would check
precedents for difference rulings.

> If I recall there is a CD between round trees, pines, and willows.
> It can be looked up if we need it.

I believe there is for round tree versus pine; I'm not as certain
about willows.

> Versus O'Connor Don
> The following device associated with this name was registered in
> December of 1994 (via Laurel):
> Argent, a tree eradicated vert. Important non-SCA arms
>
> I will have to check if there is a CD for eradication vs a normal
> tree.

As best I recall, there is no CD: trees couped, eradicated, or normal
are all identical, like animal heads don't get a difference between
couped or erased.

> Aleyd von Brandenburg
> The following device associated with this name was registered in
> September of 2002 (via Atenveldt):
> Argent, a tree eradicated proper and on a bordure engrailed sable
> five arrowheads inverted argent.
>
> I believe there is a CD for adding the arrowheads and one for type
> for engrailed vs nebuly and possibly one for the eradication.

The first two CDs are certain (addition/deletion of charges on charge
+ change of type), so we don't have to worry about another.

Danihel de Lindo Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com