[ANSTHRLD] Name Stoppfflin der Tr{u:}we, device tower + leaves

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Aug 17 10:07:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Will Manning <winther.der.truwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] submission check please

Please put specific text in the Subject line, to help people who are
scanning messages or who might be looking in the archives later.

> Pretty sure on the name,
>
> Stoppfflin der Tr{u:}we    for a 13th - 14th century German

Unfortunately, the non-ASCII character got garbled when I was viewing
it in my unusual setup.  Personally, I use "Da'ud notation" for
accented characters just for full portability.
<http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/daud_notation.pdf> explains the basics.

> device
>
> barry Sable and Or, between three lindis leaves inverted, a tower Gules

SQUEEE!  *thud*

"Barry" was used way more in period that in the SCA, so seeing someone
wanting it just makes me collapse in joy and emit an uncontrollable
SQUEEEE!

*thud*

And if a coat used two colors, at least in Anglo-Norman Heraldry,
one of them tended to be gules.

I'm afraid I can't find "lindis leaves"; maybe "linden leaves"?

If you want something that is just screamingly GERMAN!!!, you might
consider

     Barry sable and Or, in pall three linden leaves gules.

though I've not conflict-checked it.

Danyll "AIIIEEEEE! *thud*" de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com