[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 12:44:53 PDT 2010

A correct and excellent observation and it required a letter of permission to conflict
between a lion-dragon and a cockatrice.

[June 1989 LoAR, A-Caid] Thurstan de Barri. Device. Quarterly vert and argent, a winged lion-dragon
sejant to sinister Or. He has permission to conflict with the badge of Brann Morgan Dunmore of
Galloway ("A cockatrice erect to sinister Or drawing a sword from a scabbard proper.").
This would be improved if the head of the lion did not lie entirely on the argent portion
of the field, making it more difficult to identify.

A change in orientation is usually enough for a CD to clear
the badge with Mooneschadowe.

I doubt Laurel will overturn such a precedent unless new
evidence has surfaced that these monsters were not
considered different in period.

So I concur. It looks clear.

Magnus