[ANSTHRLD] Device for conflict and blazon cluck

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Aug 15 09:24:21 PDT 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> Oddly enough, I can't find a default posture for a dunghill cock
> explicitly specified in the CoA Glossary of Terms (cockatrice yes,
> cock no), in the Pic Dic, or in precedents.

Had a blinding flash of the obvious hit me: I checked the CoA Glossary
of Terms, Table 4, Conventional S.C.A. Default Postures, but this time
for *birds* in general.

     Birds           Generally close; see specific birds as well

So roosters are close by default simply because birds are close by
default unless there's an exception for the type of bird.

Danel "Never mind" Letelle
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com