[ANSTHRLD] Argent a portcullis sable issuant from base flames gules

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:12:26 PST 2010

Considering the person who initiated this query actually plays with Hell's
Gate, I would venture to guess that a populace badge is precisely what is
intended.

Detlef

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect that this is probably for a populace badge.
>
> Jayme, the guesser.
>
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM, doug bell <magnus77840 at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > The device for the Stronghold is due in the next LoAR.
> > If it is registered the issue is rendered moot.
> >
> > If, by some remote chance, the Stronghold's device is returned
> > for something like redrawing I would strongly recommend against
> > submitting this to take advantage of that fact.  Submission of a
> > conflicting device knowingly to take advantage is bound to cause
> > trouble.  The new group does not need such troubles.
> >
> > I can only provide wise counsel against such a submission from 33 years
> in the SCA
> > but I can't stop such actions.
> >
> > Magnus
> >

> >> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:33:28 +0430
> >> From: johnmatkinson at gmail.com
> >> To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org
> >> Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] Argent a portcullis sable issuant from base
> flames    gules
> >>
> >> Registered armory, I don't think so.  However,
> >>
> >> In-process submission
> >> Stronghold of Hellsgate - Argent, a portcullis sable within a laurel
> wreath
> >> vert and issuant from base flames gules
> >>
> >> 1 CD for the laurel wreath. . .
> >>
> >> :P
> >>
> >> Ioannes

> this

> >> --
> >> "Thousands of Sarmatians, Thousands of Franks, we've slain them again
> and
> >> again.  We're looking for thousands of Persians."
> >> --Vita Aureliani
> >

> --
> Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!