[ANSTHRLD] name help

Kathleen O'Brien mari_1184 at att.net
Thu Dec 2 21:29:49 PST 2010

Is this quote from a modern Scandinavian (some language) translation of
the saga?  The reason I ask is that the standard transliteration (at
least as of the summer of 2002) was for descriptive bynames to be in
lowercase.  The cover letter section covering that situation is "From
Pelican: Regarding Capitalization in Norse Bynames" in the cover letter
at http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2002/10/02-10cl.html

Everything we found at that time supported the lowercase standards for
transliteration (not translation), both in period and modernly.  If
there's something new that's reliable, that would need to be submitted
with the submission in order to support being able to capitalize the
byname for registration.

Mari