[ANSTHRLD] Question

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 17 23:57:47 PST 2010

This might very well fall in the stupid question catagory, but can one conjoined things like wings for example to fesses, pales, chevrons, etc.  I have, in a broad search found ordinaries conjoined to each other, like a saltire to a pale, but never other objects. Just curious as I am working out another design idea for my own device, trying to mimic an idea from the Notitia Dignitatum in a proper heraldic manner.  Also can they be subject to being demi- versions? I have seen a demi-chevron and a demi-fess in some heraldry books but not sure if it can apply to others.

I just have ideas in my head and want to get them right.  Hopefully I can get a hold of a local herald and finally get my submissions for device and name in ASAP.

Thanks for the patience,

Wihtric hlafard