[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Pennsic is Coming: call for volunteers!

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Jul 12 10:55:09 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julia Smith <julias at alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Subject: Pennsic is Coming: call for volunteers!
To: SCAHRLDS at listserv.aol.com

Hi there!

As you know, Pennsic is right around the corner.  As usual, there are
lots of heraldic services we provide at Pennsic, and we'll need help.
While we obviously need heraldic help, we also have a number of tasks
for those without any heraldic knowledge!

Not a heraldry person? Not a big book heraldry person? Want to help
anyway? We need volunteers to greet people as they come in and help
organize the waiting line. And we need more volunteers to help check
folks out after they've finished their submissions. (If you're not a
warranted herald, you'll need to be a warranted exchequer to do that
job, though.) And we almost _always_ have coloring that needs to be
finished (even at 11 at night!).

We also need artists. If you don't have much training in the heraldic
style, we are happy to give pointers. Or you can just start off by
inking other artists' pencil drawings.

For heralds... please check your kingdom heraldic list or e-mail me
directly for more information about what types of heraldic volunteers
we need.

If you're interested in helping out, please stop by. We'll have a sign
up sheet where you can sign up for blocks of time that are convenient
to your schedule. Or, if you find yourself with free time you weren't
expecting, you can just stop by and see if we need help at the moment.

Heralds Point opens the first Wednesday of War and is open every day
until the last Friday. There will be people doing set up and
organization in the tent during the day on both Monday and Tuesday of
the first week. Feel free to stop by, introduce yourself, get to know
us, and ask any questions you have about working there.  You may
remember that we moved last year, and we're across from the bathhouse
near the barn instead of over near the A&S tents.

Cries is run this year by Olwyn ni Chinneidigh (yes, Laurel is running
Cries!).  She's planning to get folks out crying camps, so we need
lots of volunteers!  Crying camps will start Wednesday 4th and run
through Friday 13th.  Signups for times will be available at the
herald's table in the same tent as Info Point (in front of the camp
store).

Juliana de Luna
Herald's Point Coordinator