[ANSTHRLD] Ceremonial/display personal arms shields

Yale Design yaledesign at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 05:54:58 PDT 2010

We all know that heraldry is very important in the SCA and should be
displayed to best advantage at all events, whether on tabard, banner,
pennant etc. How much better would it be to have a professionally-made
display shield in natural wood bearing your personal arms in full colour.

My shields are bespoke, 100% English hand-made, available in four sizes,
and are the only display shields curved and shaped by hand to resemble
real medieval "heater"-style shields. They are decorated with a high
quality made-to-order heraldic decal and finished with coats of clear
lacquer. I am interested in the history of heraldry, keen to see the
usage of good quality graphics in heraldic display and abhor poorly
executed clipart, so would be very happy to make shields to order for
the members of the various Kingdoms of the SCA.

To see examples of my work have a look at my website
<http://www.prangcodex.co.uk/yale_design.html> or my blog
<http://yale-design.blogspot.com/> page, and please feel free to email
me for further information.

Regards

Jay Holloway, Yale Design, Devon, England