[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission III

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 27 20:23:03 PDT 2010

I finally found the recent ruling allowing pentacles / pentagrams:
Ailis Linne, Badge, 3/09 LoAR, {AE}thelmearc acceptances.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> From the same LoAR also note several other similar registrations from Caid:
> http://heraldry.sca.org/loar/2009/11/09-11lar.html
>
> as well as the Precedent:
>
> "... The use of a mullet voided and interlaced within and conjoined
> to an annuletis not a step from period practice. Both the annulet
> and the mullet voided and interlaced are attested in period, as is
> the practice of placing various charges within an annulet..." (Elana
> Blakefenn. Badge. Argent, a mullet voided and interlaced within and
> conjoined to an annulet vert, in chief seven paw prints three and
> four sable)

To make it clear, that's also the 11/09 LoAR.  I wish Wreath, da bum,
had adduced some period examples "various charges within an annulet".
There were only two comments
(<http://oscar.sca.org/index.php?action=145&id=10514>), and both of
them talked about SCA registerability; they mentioned Step From Period
Practice, but they gave no examples.

Denyel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com