[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission II Version 2

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Wed Jul 28 10:21:09 PDT 2010

Probably not really as concerned, but they still did follow basic rules and identifiability was important.  They definately would have me a distinction that one of the images is a chief and one a per fess line of division.  Also as a general rule they followed what we call "no color on color and no metal  on metal."  Most of the rules we have in place are to make it simpler for non-heralds (and heralds for that matter) to more easily be able to create something that has something at least approaching a period style.

It is perfectly acceptable to violate our rules if you can support that violation by period examples.  That is the reason for RfS VIII.6 6. Documented Exceptions.

"An armorial design element that is adequately documented as a period practice may be deemed acceptable even if it violates other sections of Part VIII (Compatible Armorial Style)."