[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check?

Ron (Modar) Knight Rknight at kumc.edu
Wed Jul 28 11:29:16 PDT 2010

Jayme:
> Quarterly Azure and Vert, a fleam argent?
> seems clear, and if I remember the rules
> right, elements divided evenly into two parts,
> per saltire or quarterly, may use any two
> tinctures or furs.
.
you can certainly have a field that is
quarterly azure and vert.  However, I fear the
proposed design will be in conflict with the
armory belonging to Hugh of Ravenwood,
registered in January of 1993 via the Middle:
"(Fieldless) A fleam argent distilling a gout gules."
.
There is a CD for the fieldless vs quarterly
azure and vert. But unless the gout (drop)
is of significant size, there is no additional
(second) CD between the two designs.
.
--Modar
http://www.modaruniversity.org/Heraldry.htm