[ANSTHRLD] CoH website (was: Assistance at a local level)

Childers, Jeff Jeff.Childers at ttuhsc.edu
Thu Jul 29 14:23:17 PDT 2010

If I may be so bold may I suggest a sitemap page clearly defining what is what and link to the items from that page. Perhaps in non-heraldic fashion.

And a redesign could be pretty easy to do change 5 components I believe. I have fell on my head since then. Note I said could not would. And the page structure was before me I just redesigned it. Alasdair if you remember there was like 4 different designs on the server. I just wrote a program to crawl it and find what pages were actually linked and converted those to my design.

Garreth

Alasdair wrote:

Alright, since I am opening my big mouth and sticking my foot in it. AND since it was mentioned and falls under one of my areas of responsibility.  Lets talk CoH website.  Not look as I have no interest in redoing the work Garreth did,  especially since I could not do it any better, but layout and organization.  I have heard complaints in the past talking about how difficult it can be to find thing if you don't know where to look.

I will admit even I, who currently maintain the site have had a few issues finding things.  Is it under publications, education, etc.  Is it time to take a look at what are some of the biggest concerns and confusion about the site.  Or is it fine the way it is?  There is a lot of info on there and there will likely always be a certain level of confusion.

Alasdair