[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission II

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 12:34:13 PDT 2010

Device commentary only. I bow to Alasdair on the name.

The two charges are of equal weight, and this should be blazoned
Purpure, in pale a mullet of five points voided and interlaced within and conjoined to an annulet Or and a mermaid in her vanity proper

To blazon the pentacle as 'interlaced', the interlacings should be shown via internal detailing, which arm goes over and which under at each crossing.

As you have it blazoned, with the mermaid as primary, it should be larger and the pentacle smaller. However, it is in conflict with Sabine d'Angers
Purpure, a mermaid in her vanity proper crined Or a ford proper
with only the change of secondary from a pentacle in chief to a ford in base. At least, I'm pretty sure the difference in position of the secondary counts as nothing.

As it is depicted, however, with two primary charges, I found no conflicts.