[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission II

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 15:29:21 PDT 2010

Aaand, apparently it doesn't matter anyway.

To my utter surprise and supreme disappointment, current precedent disallows this device:

>From the LoAR for December 2009:
--------
Nest verch Rodri ap Madyn. Device change. Per bend sinister azure and vert, a mullet voided and interlaced within and conjoined to an annulet argent and an open book Or.

Precedent, set on the Cover Letter for the March 2009 LoAR, says:

When both are present in a design as part of a primary charge group, or where they would be expected to be a secondary charge, the widget and annulet will both be considered part of the same group.

In this submission, the mullet, annulet, and book are considered to form a single primary charge group on the field. Therefore, this device is returned for violating section VIII.1.a of the Rules for Submissions, which says that "three or more types of charges should not be used in the same group."

The mullet and annulet are considered separate charges in a charge group. If they are a secondary charge group, this device has a conflict. If they are two of three charges in the primary charge group, this is a slot machine.

Can period examples of pentacles being considered single, whole charges and not a charge group be produced? If so, Lauel may be convinced to overturn this ruling for the specific case of voided and interlaced five-pointed mullets conjoined to a surrounding annulet. But it will take an appeal to Laurel.

Kevin the Irritated