[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission II

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Wed Jul 28 06:36:39 PDT 2010

Eldwin Nightowl <eldwin at loveshade.org> wrote:
>  For one of the names, Mrs. Ariel Thompson, married 24 JAN 1580 Durham, Northumberland, England, it has a link to http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=31095
>
>  "Title Baptisms for the dead, 1923-1958; heir indexes, 1923-1957
>  Authors Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Alberta Temple (Main Author) "
>  Is that sufficient verification for Ariel as a period British name?

I am betting no, but I suspect Mari could give a more authoritative answer.

>  Also what's Hitching & Hitching and where do I find it?  I did a couple online searches and didn't see it.  Thanks.

Hitching, F. K. and S. References to English Surnames in 1601 and 1602 (Clearfield Company, Inc., 1998).  I know you can get asample from Google Books and even do a search, but I do believe if you want a copy it will need to be purchased.

Alasdair