[ANSTHRLD] Eldwin's Submission II Version 3

Ron (Modar) Knight Rknight at kumc.edu
Thu Jul 29 04:43:36 PDT 2010

Eldwin:
> It appears that crined (for hair) is the
> only thing that can change on a
> mermaid proper, and you can't
> registere with a mermaid with
> NEC f-t skin unless it has a green tail, right?
.
There are examples of previous registrations with mermaids proper with
tails that are colors other than vert.  For example:
.
Purple tail--
Barak Carthalo
registered August 1987 via the East:
"Argent, a mermaid proper, tailed, crined and maintaining an escallop
inverted, between two pallets purpure, each charged with three mullets
of six points Or."
.
Blue tail--
Eleri of Caerleon
registered March 1998 via Meridies:
"(Fieldless) A winged mermaid proper crined sable, winged and tailed
azure, facing dexter, sustaining a bow sable."
.
Gold tail--
Calum MacDhaibhidh
registered September 1996 via the Middle:
"Azure, a mermaid proper, crined and tailed bearing a pair of scales,
and in chief two mullets of four points Or."
.
Edward Drakenfeld
registered July 1989 via Atenveldt):
"Per bend azure and gules, in bend sinister a blond mermaid proper,
tailed and maintaining a trident bendwise, and in bend three mahi-mahi
fish naiant to sinister Or."
.
Gisela Fiona of Warwickshire
registered May 1992 via the West:
"Or, scaly vert, on a pale azure a mermaid proper, tailed Or."
.
Moira Drummond
registered March 1994 via the Middle:
"Azure, a mermaid proper, crined and tailed Or, brandishing a sword
proper and a shield, in chief three escallops within a bordure wavy
Or."
.
Silver tail--
Camilla de la Reynarde la Droitière
registered January 1989 via the Middle:
"Azure, a blonde mermaid proper, tailed argent, maintaining in each
hand a garden rose gules, on a chief argent, three foxes passant
gules."
.
Morgan Alanna Morcheartaigh
registered February 1989 via Trimaris:
"Per fess azure and sable, a auburn-haired mermaid proper, tailed
argent, maintaining in her dexter hand a plate and in her sinister a
sword bendwise sinister proper."
.
Rose O'Shaughnessy
registered October 1987 via Trimaris:
"Per bend wavy azure and Or, a mermaid proper, tailed and playing a
transverse flute argent, and a rose gules, slipped and leaved vert."
.
Granted, these are older registrations...but I'm finding no precedent
that disallows mermaids to have tails with proper skin tone (pinkish)
and tails of any tincture.  So if a mermaid proper with a green tail is
registerable, I'd think a mermaid proper with a purple tail would be
registerable.
.
I'd blazon it as "...a mermaid proper, crined sable, tailed
purpure..."
.
--Modar