[ANSTHRLD] CoH website (was: Assistance at a local level)

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Jul 29 14:42:54 PDT 2010

Childers, Jeff <Jeff.Childers at ttuhsc.edu> wrote:

>  If I may be so bold may I suggest a sitemap page clearly defining what is what and link to the items from that page. Perhaps in non-heraldic fashion.
>
>  And a redesign could be pretty easy to do change 5 components I believe. I have fell on my head since then. Note I said could not would. And the page structure was before me I just redesigned it. Alasdair if you remember there was like 4 different designs on the server. I just wrote a program to crawl it and find what pages were actually linked and converted those to my design.

Oh yeah, I remember :-D   I wanted to do a reorganization even back then, just never had the time or energy.  I just think it may be time to reevaluate it.  I just don't want to get part way into it and not have the time any more.  Overall with the current design, most things are really within 2-3 clicks.  If you know where to go find them.  Another issue I see that i want to avoid is trying to move too much and make it harder for existing users.  Part of what i am trying to do with this thread is to see if there is enough support to say, yes it is a worthwhile project, or no, it works alright as it is.

A good middle ground solution may be linking the items to more pages, as was already mentioned.  For example, currently the LoI, ILoI, AICC are all only linked off the submissions page.  Should we have links from there AND from the publications page?